Camera Software - Sr. Machine Learning Research Engineer
Posted: Apr 1, 2019
Role Number: 200049958
iPhone is the most popular camera in the world. The flawless integration of software and hardware has led to features like Memories and Portrait Mode which deliver experiences that are magical. The Camera & Photos team focuses on user-experience by using computer vision and image processing through machine learning. Our team works hard on products that ship to millions of people. We are looking for people who want to do the same. The Computational Imaging team develops the camera pipelines and innovative algorithms for Apple's mobile devices, including the iPhone and iPad. Combining innovative algorithms with optimized implementations, our team delivers the quality and features which help to re-define mobile photography. If you're passionate about inventing and developing new imaging algorithms to improve the photography experience, we would like to hear from you.
- 5-10 years combined research and practical experience in developing algorithms for image processing
- Possess an understanding and have experience in productizing or publishing your research results in fields such as: Image processing, depth/disparity estimation, optical flow, object tracking, image registration, alpha matting, Bayesian statistics, generative models, deep learning
- Strong coding skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven leadership in both research and development
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Ability to work hands-on in multi-functional teams
You will leverage your research background and knowledge of computer vision to build, develop and improve Apple technologies. You will develop ideas and concepts into commercially viable algorithms. You should be up-to-date with the latests developments in computer vision and machine learning, both in academia and in industry, and will be able to leverage your knowledge to work and influence Apple's products.
Education & Experience
PhD in Computer Science or a related field (mathematics or physics), ideally with a focus or related work on imaging, computer vision, or machine learning
- Familiar with object oriented programming like: C++ or Objective C, is a plus
- Skills in OpenGL/OpenCL/Metal would be a plus
- MacOS or iOS development experience would be a plus
Meet Some of Apple's Employees
Every Apple Store is designed to engage its local community, and no one understands this more than Consuela. She motivates her team to engage with customers in new and exciting ways.
Back to top