Camera Software - Sr. Computational Geometry Engineer
Posted: Feb 6, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 113540101
iPhone is the most popular camera in the world. The precise integration of software and hardware has led to features like Memories and Portrait Mode which deliver experiences that are magical. The Camera & Photos team focuses on user-experience by using computer vision and image processing through machine learning. Our team works hard on products that ship to millions of people. We are looking for people who want to do the same. The Computational Imaging team develops the camera pipelines and innovative algorithms for Apple's mobile devices, including the iPhone and iPad. Combining innovative algorithms with optimized implementations, our team delivers the quality and features which help to re-define mobile photography. If you're passionate about inventing and developing new imaging algorithms to improve the photography experience, we would like to hear from you.
- 5-10 years combined research and practical experience in developing algorithms related to computational geometry and/or multi-view and/or graphics
- Good understanding of 3D geometry, data fitting, computer graphics
- Good overall mathematical skills
- Strong coding: C++, Python
- Strong analytical
- Previous experience in image or point cloud registration is a plus
- Interest in machine learning is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Ability to work hands-on in multi-functional teams.
- Quick learner
You will use your knowledge of computer graphics and computational geometry to build, develop and improve Apple technologies. You will develop ideas and concepts into commercially viable algorithms. Your role will involve research, rapid prototyping as well as development of stable algorithms that improve camera features in Apple products.
Education & Experience
M.Sc. or PhD in Computer Science or a related field (mathematics or physics), ideally with a focus on computational geometry or computer vision (multi-view geometry)
- Skills in OpenGL/OpenCL/Metal would be a plus
- Previous experience in Maya or similar is a plus
- MacOS or iOS development experience would be a plus
Back to top