Camera & Photos - Camera Framework Engineering Lead
Posted: Nov 15, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200122798
iPhone is the most popular camera in the world. The seamless integration of software and hardware has led to features like Memories and Portrait Mode which deliver experiences that are magical. The Camera & Photos team focuses on user-experience, utilizing computer vision and image processing through machine learning. Our team works hard on products that ship to millions of people. We are looking for people who want to do the same. The Core Media Capture team provides the capture and camera foundation across all of Apple's innovative devices. We aim to deliver an unsurpassed media experience by combining forward-leaning software techniques with the latest innovations in hardware.
- You have 2+ years of experience leading/managing software engineering projects, and have full-cycle project planning and resource management experience.
- You thrive in a collaborative environment and can clearly communicate while confidently driving multiple projects across many teams.
- You are passionate about API design
- You focus on details that are meaningful to our customer.
- You are passionate and inquisitive, and seek to solve everyday problems in innovative ways.
- You have experience of multithreading software development.
- You are proficient in Objective-C, or C/C++.
If you consider yourself an engaging and highly-collaborative engineering lead with excellent communication skills, and are comfortable in a dynamic environment, we feel we have a rewarding opportunity for you. We need a strong senior frameworks engineer or engineering manager to drive development of the camera capture pipeline. In addition, you ideally have a background in media and have a good working understanding of the various media formats.
Education & Experience
MS/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience managing or leading an engineering team (desired) Experience with Unix/Linux highly desired. Experience in OS X / Darwin is a major plus. Familiarity with H264/JVT, MPEG 4 as well as common media container formats, a plus. Familiarity with A/V compression/decompression, synchronization technology is desired.
Back to top