Camera Module Design Lead
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Jul 13, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200017750
Do you love taking on big challenges that require exceptionally creative solutions? Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming outstanding products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for all research, design, development, test, and qualification of camera hardware for Apple products. We are searching for an extraordinary Hardware Engineers to take ownership in the development of very high performance compact camera modules. We are seeking an engineer to take leadership of camera hardware projects in engagements with product and technology teams.
- This role requires the ability to learn quickly and become familiar with several different technology areas. Ability to lead teams and take responsibility for project success is a requirement. The applicant will be familiar with at least 1-2 of the skills listed below.
- At least 2+ years relevant experience.
- Mechanical design and tolerance analysis of highly constrained, high-volume designs.
- Electronic circuit design and test.
- Digital experience with some power-supply analog.
- Design and test of compact imaging optics.
- Image quality evaluation including test charts, algorithms, and lighting.
- Image sensor design and characterization.
- Manufacturing processes and testing of high-precision, high-volume modules.
- Data analysis and statistics using MATLAB or other mathematical software.
Definition and trade studies of camera optics, sensors, and packaging. Interaction with electrical and mechanical teams on integration of camera hardware into products. Leadership of off-shore manufacturing partners on camera design evaluation, module prototype builds, and qualification. Leadership of camera testing in Apple labs and at manufacturing sites. This includes image quality, electrical, and mechanical testing. Evaluation and debugging of camera HW at module and product levels. Documentation of camera-specific design, test, and manufacturing requirements. Travel is required to supplier facilities for product development and production bring-up.
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD in relevant field (EE, ME, Optics, Physics)
Back to top