Camera Image Quality Engineer - Camera Hardware
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: May 22, 2020
Role Number: 200106600
The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for all research, design, development, test, and qualification of camera hardware for Apple products. This team is seeking an exceptional Camera Image Quality Engineer with responsibilities for ongoing evaluation, benchmarking, & characterization of Apple camera products.
- Strong knowledge of Image Sensor operation and tuning
- Thorough understanding of image quality metrics and evaluation methodology
- Strong Matlab programming skills on digital image processing and data analysis
- Ideal candidates will also have familiarity with Python programming
- Familiarity with megapixel CMOS image sensor technology, lens selection and qualification, implementation of camera systems in mobile products, and be familiar with imaging algorithms (auto-exposure, auto white balance, auto-focus,..etc.)
- Experience with objective camera bench testing and subjective image quality analysis.
- Familiarity with camera components and functions
- Support design team through iterative testing and ongoing support from early prototype to product launch.
Developing/Performing lab type testing and software for camera evaluation Development of imager test techniques Optimization in imager sensor settings Optimization of ISPs Design/support of production line testing setups Performing testing/data analysis on benchmark products Delivering executive level presentations of results
Education & Experience
BS, MS, or PhD in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Travel to both Apple and suppliers' facilities will be required for production bring up. Experience with mobile communication products is an advantage.
Back to top