Camera Characterization Engineer - Camera Hardware
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Aug 6, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200184885
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that sets the standard in developing excellence, creativity and innovation. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products? The Camera Hardware & Depth Group is responsible for all research, architecture, design and development of camera and depth hardware for Apple products. The Camera Product Engineering team is looking for an extraordinary camera characterization engineer to support characterization and validation of cameras in future Apple products.
- Expertise in mobile camera technology in at least one of these areas: sensor technology, optical system design and imaging algorithms (AW/AE/AF etc.)
- Familiar with image quality evaluation methodology and general optical metrology
- Familiar with camera hardware design (components, functions, etc.)
- Familiar with image processing algorithms and analysis
- Master at least one programming languages: Matlab, Python for lab equipment control, data collection and data analysis
- Experience with developing characterization instruments involving optical, mechanical and electrical hardware
- Experience with handling optics lab equipment - imaging cameras, power meters, spectrometer, oscilloscopes, optical stages/mounts, etc.
- Experience with keynote presentation is a plus
- Knowledge of volume manufacturing is a plus
Develop R&D lab characterization plan to support new camera architecture and design Benchmark camera performance from early prototype to product launch Deliver executive level presentations of results in regular review with cross-functional teams Lead end-to-end new lab test hardware/software design and development Provide guidance and recommendation to production line testing requirements
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD in Optics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Imaging science or equivalent
- Occasional travel to both Apple and suppliers' facilities is required for production bring up.
Back to top