Caffè Macs Prep Cook
Posted: Feb 3, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200004171
The people here at Apple don't just create products - they create the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do. Joining the Caffè Macs team will give you the opportunity to craft inspiring meals that fuel the innovation within the company. The Prep Cook is responsible for the preparation of daily entrees/items, featuring daily changing menus with knowledge of culinary ingredients. Prepare ingredients and cook according to established guidelines, understand methods of cooking. Do you have knowledge of quantity food production, presentation, service and sanitation? We would love to talk with you about our Prep Cook positions!
- Knowledge of healthful, nutritional-based cuisine preferred
- Display a real passion for food and cooking and be self-motivated preferably with 2 years of cooking experience preferred in "from scratch" environments and/or culinary education. We can also train if you have the basics.
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills
- Speaks clearly, listens attentively to staff, peers, supervisors, and guests
- Be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process and also computer-literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Maintain the highest standards of conduct and confidentiality
- Continually grows in knowledge by training in other areas in the kitchen. You can manage your own career here and find new challenges.
- Have an approved Food Handler's Card, kitchen knives and non-slip shoes prior to first day of work
Prepares all food items for the execution of the line cooks including all hot, cold and baked products. Maintains proper food temperatures of foods during preparation and service; pre-preps food according to the menu; notifies chef immediately when food and supplies are not available; maintains food production areas in a clean, neat and orderly manner; cleans assigned areas following established cleaning procedures and schedules. Correctly follow all health, safety, and sanitation guidelines. Understands and follows standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen practices. Collaborates with co-workers. Performs additional responsibilities, as requested by the Chef, Sous Chef or Kitchen Manager.
Education & Experience
Typically we look for talent with 0-1 Years of experience in customer service or high volume food service - preferably larger, innovative corporate programs, in house or 3rd party but may also be food & beverage experience in a full-service hotel, resort or multi-restaurant chain. You will work with and serve a versatile diverse workforce. Extraordinarily Service Oriented - show high level of customer service is positively mandatory...We hire for attitude, train for skill. Dynamic and agile - highly organized, ability to switch between locations and job duties
- This position will spend 100% of the time standing
- Things happen fast here. Bring your ability to multi-task in a high-volume experience and your love for working in a fast pace environment.
- Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat, and water
- Ability to lift and transport up to 50 pounds (pots, pans, etc.) on occasion and up to 35 pounds regularly.
Back to top