CAD Simulation Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Mar 13, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200119173
Apple is looking for a CAD Simulation Engineer to develop and drive modeling and analysis to inform the design of hardware products from a human interaction perspective.
- Experience with Python
- Experience with C++ or other OOP language
- Experience with statistical analysis
- Able to work independently and excel in a dynamic, hands-on, cross-functional and creative corporate environment
- Has an energetic personality with excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Values attention to detail, patience, and aesthetic sensibility
As a CAD Simulation Engineer, you will support all phases of product/technology development in the context of physical user-device interaction (functional anthropometry). You will work closely with cross-functional teams (product design, industrial design, engineering teams) to define and drive research that will directly affect and improve the product and end user experience. Specific tasks include but are not limited to: -Create novel tools and expand on the current internal capabilities of analysis techniques for processing and handling 3D scan data -Develop statistical analysis and visualization tools to understand and distill the diversity and variability of human morphology to cross functional partners -Understand the functional questions from internal and cross-functional partners and develop actionable analysis to inform product level decisions and tradeoffs
Education & Experience
4 years plus Bachelor's degree with a concentration or experience in Computer Science, Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering, Mechatronics, Computational Geometry, Computer Graphics or equivalent.
Back to top