CAD Engineer - Infrastructure Software Developer
Posted: Mar 13, 2020
Role Number: 200116277
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you'll help develop the infrastructure used to design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You'll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions! Joining this group means you'll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple's devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. This highly visible role as a member of our hardware Infrastructure CAD Team will support best in class tools and platforms to enable Apple designed silicon components for the Silicon Engineering Group. The role will be varied and challenging with technical areas of responsibility that include software development, scripting and automation, regression systems, compute-farm scheduler/queuing software maintenance and management, workload throughput analysis, EDA vendor license support and integration, forecasting of hardware and software needs, and use and development of software and databases for advanced metric tracking. Additional responsibilities include working with other CAD Engineers to optimize tool-flows and create/improve tool regression suites.
- We are seeking engineers with 5+ years of industry experience.
- Strong scripting skills in Python (preferred), Perl, TCL or Shell
- Strong familiarity with configuration management systems (i.e. Git, Perforce, CVN) and continuous build systems (Jenkins, Team City)
- Experience with Splunk queries, indexes and dashboards.
- Knowledge of with SQL database (i.e. MySQL, PostgresSQL) and/or with NoSQL databases (i.e. Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra)
- Exposure to commercial batch queuing systems (i.e. Altair, LSF, GridEngine, PBS, Torque).
- Exposure to vendor license management and syntax a plus.
- Additional experience integrating tool-flows into a batch/interactive queuing system a plus.
- Self motivated with the ability to handle a high engineering support load, prioritize support escalations and co-ordinate with multiple users and management across multiple teams and timezones.
We are looking for someone to join our team to: - Own and drive automation, software development, and scripting projects within a Linux environment to support the Infrastructure CAD Team's daily administration and operational tasks. - Develop user tools to assist in workload analysis and reporting. - Data mine, analyze, and create web based visualizations for our hardware and software systems metrics. - Manage usage metrics and compute data for multiple geographically dispersed data-centers; provide real time and historical reports for queuing and EDA license utilization - Maintain and update tool wrappers, module-files and environment setup and configuration files. - Help co-ordinate and support compute-farm scheduler/queuing software releases for multiple teams across multiple sites. - Develop QA and build/regression systems for scheduling software. - Help oversee EDA tool installation - assist with flow integration.
Education & Experience
BS or MS Degree in EE/CS or a technical discipline
Back to top