CAD Engineer - Infrastructure and Queue Admin
- Portland, OR
Posted: Oct 6, 2020
Role Number: 200188994
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you'll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You'll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you'll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple's devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. We are searching for a strong engineer to join our exciting team of problem solvers. As a Queue Administrator, you will provide multi-site, multi-team design support as part of the Infrastructure CAD Team. Technical areas of responsibility include compute-farm queuing software maintenance and management, support for vendor license integration, forecasting of hardware and software needs, and developing software and databases for metric tracking. We will empower you to engage and collaborate with CAD Engineers to optimize tool-flows and regression suites.
- Approximately 10 years of experience in a relevant role
- Expert level knowledge of batch scheduling or server queuing systems, such as GE, LSF, NC
- Fluent scripting skills in Python, Perl, TCL or Shell
- A deep background solving complex problems and improving integrated tool-flows into a batch/interactive queuing system.
- Successful web-based metrics reporting and data visualization experience
- Hands on experience in database queries (SQL, Splunk)
- Exposure to vendor license management and syntax
- Practical knowledge of configuration management tools (Perforce, GIT)
- A strong ability to handle a high engineering support load and coordinate with multiple users and management across multiple teams
In this role, you will: - Coordinate, lead and support compute-farm queuing software for multiple teams at multiple sites - Triage and solve problems user issues related to queue job submissions - Provide real time and historical reports for queuing usage/metrics and compute data at all sites - Optimize compute-farm queue configurations for license/resource usage and integration with tool-flows and regression suites - Improve job and license allocation more efficient by working with tool vendors - Maintain and update tool wrappers, module-files and environment files - Direct EDA tool installation - Assist with flow integration - Create and maintain scripts and automation for infrastructure support
Education & Experience
BS/MS in engineering, computer science or other technical field.
Back to top