CAD EM/IR Engineer
- San Diego, CA
Posted: Feb 17, 2021
Role Number: 200151548
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you'll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You'll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you'll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple's devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. As a key member of our best-in-class CAD Group, you will be part of building state of the art designs. We will utilize your hands-on experience in power EM/IR analysis to develop, define and refine the methodologies and flows for gate-level, as well as transistor level designs. The high level design will include functional static / dynamic IR analysis, scan mode IVD analysis, package model handling, power EM analysis, SigEM, power switch modeling, design abstract and reuse for EM/IR purposes, IP / SoC level EMIR sign-off / ECO, and much more.
- Expertise in developing EM and IR related flows for better accuracy and efficient runs
- Knowledgeable in several of the following tools - RedHawk / RedHawk-SC, Totem, Voltus / VoltusFI, PathFinder (for ESD)
- Strong programming skills in any of the following languages: Perl, TCL, Python, C/C++
- Experience in supporting design teams with ramping the work environment, correct settings and reliable runs
- Ability to collaborate and work directly with the tool vendors, and drive them to resolve tools bugs as well as implement required improvements
- Meaningful experience in exploring and defining new technology nodes settings, and working with various technology teams on the actual node limits
- Excellent communication skills
Primary responsibilities include: - Development of custom EM/IR solutions - Focus on revamping / rewriting and streamlining the EM/IR flow as well as take ownership of the entire flow - Own shared relationships with various design groups (Physical-design and integration, Circuit-design / Power / Technology) on their EM/IR requirements for various post layout flows - Work side by side with vendors and foundries for tool qualification and debug
Education & Experience
Master's in Electrical / Computer Engineering, or equivalent strong experience.
Back to top