Business Development Partner Manager, Video Services
Posted: Dec 20, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200134287
Come be a part of one of the most exciting and fasting-growing areas at Apple. Apple's Internet Software & Services team is seeking an experienced, thoughtful and entrepreneurial individual to help significantly grow our video services businesses worldwide. The position involves leading strategic partnerships end-to-end, from evangelizing Apple's services and technologies to negotiating commercial agreements to managing key ongoing relationships. In addition to representing Apple externally, the person in this position will regularly interface with senior executives and collaborate closely with stakeholder teams throughout Apple to solve problems and implement programs that achieve core business objectives. The role requires a highly-motivated and adaptive self-stater who can work with multiple internal and external teams to meet hard deadlines. Candidates should have a proven track record of building and sustaining successful business and a relationships and have a deep business understanding of the digital video and streaming space. This is a full-time position and is located in either our Culver City, CA office or our Cupertino, CA headquarters.
- Minimum 7-10 years of meaningful industry work experience with a deep understanding of digital video distribution / connected consumer device ecosystem
- Strong business network at senior executive levels across the video space (programmers, MVPDs, carriers, OTT services, consumer device platforms)
- Consistent record of successfully negotiating complex business and technical issues with both 3rd parties and cross-functionally within a large business structure
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills; ability to articulate a strong point of view clearly and succinctly
- Exceptional relationship-building and interpersonal skills; ability to develop strong working partnerships inside and outside of Apple
- Self-starter who works effectively in a fast-paced environment; is comfortable managing ambiguity while delivering results with minimal guidance
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to quickly translate data into actionable insights; command of business and financial modeling
- Comfort working closely with engineering teams to solve complicated technical challenges
- Strong project management capability with exceptional attention to detail
- Previous international experience scaling business programs preferred
- Energetic and collaborative team player who never loses focus on the end consumer
- Strong passion for entertainment, media and consumer technology
In this role, you would work as a part of the team driving business engagements and partnerships between Apple and external partners to help deploy next-generation technologies and services. You would be responsible for developing the strategy and frameworks necessary to execute comprehensive agreements between Apple and external partners, then manage relationships with those partners to ensure ongoing success. You would consistently revise and expand those strategies and frameworks with internal teams and clearly and regularly present key findings and proposals to senior leaders. You would collaborate with teams across Apple - business, product, marketing, engineering, legal, analytics and more - to ensure technical and business objectives are met.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree required; MBA or equivalent degree preferred.
Back to top