Biomedical Modeling Scientist - Exploratory Design Group
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Sep 12, 2019
Role Number: 200102048
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple's customers every single day. Apple's Exploratory Design group is seeking an exceptional biophysics simulation expert to investigate and model interaction of novel sensors with tissue. Join an R&D team of highly innovative scientists and engineers developing a future generation of sensing technologies. Ideal candidates will be curious, constantly learning, driven to understand deeply, and eager to build expertise and share knowledge.
- Significant experience simulating and modeling biomedical systems.
- Some experience modeling physiological variability.
- Experience validating simulations using experimental data.
- Familiarity with biomedical optics and/or optical physics.
- MATLAB and/or Python programming expertise.
- Experience applying statistical analysis to simulation models.
- Experience with Monte Carlo modeling of light scattering is a plus.
- Knowledge of information theory and/or statistical signal processing is a plus.
- Desire and ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Curiosity and a desire to learn new technologies.
- Build models of device interaction with complex samples, e.g., light in tissue. - Deepen and apply your understanding of optical physics and physiology. - Capture your knowledge as user-friendly and flexible tools for the team. - Define experiments and use experimental data to validate models. - Analyze how physical sources of variation impact measurement complexity. - Collaborate with experts in other fields, e.g., mathematics, optics, and biophotonics. - Communicate growing understanding to the team through chats, talks and reports. - Exploit modeling to drive system specifications.
Education & Experience
PhD in applied physics, electrical engineering, biomedical engineering or similar. Industry experience a plus.
Back to top