Behavioral Data Scientist, Health Strategic Initiatives
Posted: Oct 14, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200110381
Have you ever wanted to work on something that really matters? Is it important to you to help others live longer, more fulfilling lives? The Health Strategic Initiatives team is focused on just that - enabling individuals to live a healthier, happier life through personalized and compelling products. We are an experienced team of business leaders, doctors, designers, PMs, and data scientists. We work in a collaborative and dynamic environment where we are constantly pushing ourselves to redefine the industry and create delightful user experiences. Data is central to the success of our team. We work in a tight feedback loop where data insights drive feature development and design as well as defining future strategy and products. As a behavioral data scientist on the team you will explore behavior change, causal impact of product features on outcomes, incentives, and other behavior related questions across the various programs we have launched.
- 5+ years as an analyst or data scientist working in the behavioral science space
- Expertise working in Hadoop, Spark, SQL, Python or R
- Strong product, data, and analytics intuition
- Intensely curious about data and love finding hidden relationships and patterns
- Passionate about health, behavioral economics, behavior change, and causal methods
- Strong cross-functional experience working with product, business, design, and engineering teams
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven experience boiling down technical approaches and complex findings into simple and compelling narratives that drive change
As a key member of the Health Strategic Initiatives team you will work hand in hand with product and design teams testing hypotheses by diving into consumer and product data. You will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of fascinating problems. A few areas you may explore include measuring behavior change, quantifying the impact of incentives, exploring the impact of features on consumer behavior, experimental design and causal analysis, predicting outcomes, and cohort analysis. This is the perfect intersection of analytics, health, and behavior change.
Education & Experience
Masters (PhD preferred) in Economics, Neuroscience, Psychology, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent and 5+ years of experience Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Back to top