Battery Power Delivery Engineering Program Manager
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Feb 13, 2020
Role Number: 200150723
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, intelligent people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Do you want join us in these pursuits? Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product! Apple's Battery Engineering Program Management team is looking for a high-energy EPM that supports technically significant projects, where you are expected to bring to bear your engineering background to drive complementary teams and build ground breaking solutions. As an Engineering Program Manager within Apple's HW Technology organization, you will be responsible for architecture of battery solutions, and end-to-end power delivery capability analysis for a wide range of Apple products. You will understand the who, what and how of power management development, orchestrate a comprehensive hardware/software development plan and schedule, then successfully lead execution of that cross-product strategy. You will have a proven track record of enabling larger multi-functional teams to deliver complex systems efficiently and with high quality, with ability to bridge gaps between different engineering teams and deep understanding of engineering concepts, both hardware and software.
- 10+ years of industry experience (preferable Battery or Systems Engineering) taking technologies from concept definition to implementation. Experience with low power phones/wearable devices desirable
- 5+ years of technical project management experience in EE, Firmware, Battery Management Unit, and / or Software
- Technical Degree in EE required, experience in embedded SW is an advantage
- Knowledge of Battery performance estimation and health, and Battery to Platform interaction preferred.
- Ability to drive Product goals with creative solutions involving HW & SW
- Experience in developing models with large data sets and test tools a plus.
- Understand and facilitate battery policy decisions
- Demonstrated adeptness in working in a dynamic, multi-functional environment.
- Excellent communication, social and leadership skills as well as the ability to filter and distill meaningful information for the right audience.
- Experienced in setting up project plans, anticipate potential roadblocks and mitigate against risks or impacts.
- Ability to comprehend, communicate and manage complex design trade-offs.
- Understands and deal well with rapid development cycles; remain flexible and calm facing ambiguity. Highly adept in multi-tasking of both short-term and long-term activities
The Battery Power Delivery EPM leads teams of battery, electrical, algorithm, software and system engineers, utilizing a strong technical background to identify, assess and communicate project strategy, implementation steps, risks and issues. You will also facilitate effective communication and offer multiple levels of status across a wide spectrum of individual contributors to executive management. In addition, you will drive day-to-day program deliverables to meet program objectives. • Develop project plans, manage, track and report progress to plan and drive solutions to address any/all identified gaps. • Identify and prioritize project tasks and risks, drive engineering discussions and decisions on critical system parameters. • Drive day-to-day activities to meet overall project objectives. • Identify and engage partners for project definition decisions. • Communicate status and big picture to the project team and executive management.
Education & Experience
BS in Electrical Engineering Required; MSEE preferred
Back to top