Battery Management Unit Engineering Program Manager
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Dec 3, 2019
Role Number: 200051966
Are you a leader? Do you want to utilize your engineering skills to make big things happen? Can you influence, connect, get results and communicate effectively? Can you deliver on a predictable and dynamic schedule? Be at the center of the action on new battery product development for Apple's groundbreaking products! Apple seeks an Engineering Program Manager (EPM) within Apple's HW Technology organization responsible for development of battery solutions for a wide range of Apple products. We are looking for an ambitious EPM to support state-of-the-art and technically significant projects where you are expected to bring to bear your engineering background to enable multiple teams delivering groundbreaking solutions for Battery Management Units/Systems. The Battery Technology EPM leads a multi-functional team of battery, electrical, software and system engineers, utilizing a strong technical background to identify, assess and communicate project risks and issues. They facilitate good communication and offer multiple levels of status across a wide spectrum of individual contributors to executive management, setting policy where needed. In addition, they drive day-to-day program activities to achieve program objectives. You will understand the who, what and how of hardware and software development for battery vis-a-vis system interactions, orchestrate a hardware/software infrastructure and architectural development plan and schedule, then successfully lead the execution of that plan. You will have a consistent track record of enabling larger multi-functional teams to deliver complex systems efficiently and with high quality, with ability to bridge gaps between different engineering teams and deep understanding of engineering concepts - algorithm/firmware and hardware.
- 6+ years of industry experience (preferable Battery or Consumer Electronics - Si IC, Algorithm, and/or Firmware) of taking technologies from concept definition to mass production. Experience with low power phones/wearable devices is an advantage.
- 2+ years of technical project management experience in EE, Battery Management Unit, Modeling and / or Software.
- Technical Degree in EE required, experience in embedded SW preferred.
- Knowledge of Battery performance estimation and health, and Battery to Platform interaction useful.
- Excellent communication, social and leadership skills as well as the ability to filter and distill significant information for the right audience.
- Experienced in setting up project plans, anticipate potential roadblocks and react dedicatedly to mitigate against risks or impacts.
- Understand and deal well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity.
- Expert in multi-tasking of both short-term and long-term activities.
• Develop project plans, lead, track and report progress to plan and drive solutions to address any/all identified gaps. • Identify and prioritize project tasks and risks, drive engineering discussions and decisions on critical system parameters. • Drive day-to-day activities to meet overall project objectives. • Identify and engage multi-functional partners for project definition decisions. • Communicate status and big picture to the project team and executive management. • Build, run and shepherd transition of technology programs to NPI.
Education & Experience
BS in Chemical Engineering or Material Science Required; MS preferred
Back to top