Battery Management Systems Silicon & Firmware Delivery Engineering Program Manager
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Aug 25, 2021
Role Number: 200168189
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, intelligent people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Do you want to join us in these pursuits? Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product! As an Engineering Program Manager (EPM) within Apple's HW Technology organization, you will deliver Battery Management Solutions (BMS) for a wide range of Apple products. We are looking for an upbeat EPM to support groundbreaking and technically complicated projects where you are encouraged to bring to bear your engineering background to enable multi-functional teams delivering a sophisticated solution for Battery Management Systems. The ideal candidate will understand the who, what, and how of hardware, software and algorithm development for battery vis-a-vis system interactions, orchestrate a hardware/software infrastructure and architectural development plan and schedule, then effectively handle execution of that plan. Successful candidates will have a proven track record of enabling larger multi-functional teams to deliver complex systems efficiently and with high quality, with ability to bridge gaps between different engineering teams and broad understanding of engineering concepts - algorithm/firmware and hardware. The BMS Integration EPM leads a multi-functional team of battery, electrical, software and system engineers, utilizing a strong technical background to identify, assess and communicate project risks and issues. They also work very closely with the New Product Introduction (NPI) team enabling battery manufacturing. The EPM will facilitate good communication and offer multiple levels of status across a wide spectrum of individual contributors to executive management, setting policy where needed. In addition, they drive day-to-day program to meet program objectives.
- 6+ years experience in consumer electronics industry (preferably Battery or Consumer Electronics - Si IC, Algorithm, and/or Firmware), taking technologies from concept definition to mass production. Experience with low power phones/wearable devices is an advantage.
- 2+ years of technical project management experience in EE, Battery Management Unit, Modeling and / or Software.
- Knowledge of Battery performance estimation and health, and Battery to Platform interaction useful.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills as well as the ability to filter and distill meaningful information for the right audience.
- Experienced in setting up project plans, anticipate potential roadblocks and react proactively to handle risk and impact mitigation.
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity. Highly adept in multi-tasking of both short-term and long-term activities.
- Technical Degree in EE required, experience in embedded SW preferred.
• Develop project plans, manage, track and report progress to plan and drive solutions to address any/all identified gaps. • Identify and prioritize project tasks and risks, drive engineering discussions & decisions on critical system parameters. • Drive day-to-day activities to meet overall project objectives. • Identify and engage multi-functional partners for project definition decisions. • Communicate status and big picture to the project team and executive management. • Develop and drive multi-functional validation plan as part of the BMS deliverables to battery & system NPI process.
Education & Experience
BS in Electrical Engineering Required; MSEE preferred
Back to top