Battery Management System Architect
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Oct 24, 2018
Role Number: 200002195
At Apple, we believe new ideas have a way of becoming exceptional products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. An excellent opportunity to work on the forefront of "Battery Management Technologies". As part of Battery Technology team, you will develop future battery technologies along with a highly talented team of engineers. The ideal individual will be well versed in this field, who has experience developing and commercializing robust battery management architectures for consumer, industrial, telecom or automotive products. Be a part of a team developing new class of algorithms, architectures and products to improve the utility of batteries.
- 10 to15 years of experience in innovative and creative product development in energy storage or power management.
- Developed battery products using latest embedded controllers and mixed signal peripherals.
- Experienced in algorithm development and system level architecture development.
- Experienced in mixed signal designs with emphasis on leading and handling high power circuits.
- Experience in working with small technical teams to deliver creative product solutions consistently.
- Accomplished and well-known authority in battery technology development.
- Familiarity with detailed workings of different battery chemistries and their limitations.
Works with battery and product side power management teams to develop requirements for new battery management architectures. Defines roadmap for future battery product and algorithm directions. Leads projects on new and creative battery product architectures and completes them in time for deployment into different product platforms. Collaborates with internal and external teams to define and develop new algorithms. Address limitations in current algorithms in energy and power availability among others for state of the art battery products. Collaborates and acts as a front end liaison with system teams on high level power and energy management system architectures to arrive at optimal use of available energy in battery. Tracks product development and identifies integration issues between different sub systems with respect to defined architecture. Forms task teams and tracks them to robust closure.
Education & Experience
MS OR PHD DESIRED IN PHYSICS OR ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
Back to top