Battery FEA Analyst Intern
Posted: Jul 12, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200073637
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple's customers every single day.
- - Mechanical Engineering
- - Good understanding of basic engineering concepts, Strength of materials, Statics and Dynamics
- - Finite Element Analysis - Structural
- - User level skills related to pre-processors and solver (e.g. NX, Abaqus CAE, Abaqus Explicit.)
- - MS or PhD (preferred) student
In this internship, you will work on developing re-usable FEA simulation setups for various types of studies, including structural statics and dynamic solutions. Responsibilities: - Work with the design teams to understand simulation (FEA) requirements - Create re-usable simulation and material models, to target advanced studies including high-impact events, inter-layer behavior studies such as friction, bonding, cohesive zone modeling. - Define and conduct physical testing for generating data for calibration and validation of FEA model. - Improve FEA models by implementing standard methodologies and work with FEA vendors to fine-tune the simulations for improved efficiency and accuracy. - Generate plans for validation.
Education & Experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Back to top