Battery Algorithms and Power Delivery Engineering Program Manager
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Dec 14, 2020
Role Number: 200168204
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, intelligent people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Do you want join us in these pursuits? Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product! As an Engineering Program Manager (EPM)within Apple's HW Technology organization, you will be responsible for developing Battery Management Solutions (BMS) for a wide range of Apple products. We are looking for an upbeat senior EPM to support technically complicated projects where you are encouraged to bring to bear your engineering background to enable multi-functional teams to deliver complex solutions. The Advanced BMS EPM leads a multi-functional team of battery, electrical, algorithm, software, and system engineers, utilizing a strong technical background to identify, assess and communicate project risks and issues. The EPM facilitate good communication and offer multiple levels of status across a wide spectrum of individual contributors to executive management. In addition, the EPM drives day-to-day program activity, meeting overall goals. The ideal candidate will understand BMS architecture, end-to-end power delivery capability analysis, algorithm, and model development. The role will require orchestrating a development roadmap, plan and schedule, then reliably be responsible for the execution of that plan. The successful candidate will have a consistent record of enabling larger multi-functional partners to deliver the program goals, ability to bridge gaps between different engineering teams and broad understanding of engineering concepts - power delivery, algorithm and software. Candidate would be proficient in driving quantitative metric benchmarking and generation. Ability to deftly deliver executive communication is key, as this role has very high visibility with senior management.
- 7+ years of industry experience (preferable Battery or system engineering) taking technologies from concept definition to mass production. Experience with low power phones/wearable devices and understanding of feedback control algorithms is a plus.
- 5+ years of technical project management experience in EE, Battery Management Unit, Modeling and / or Software.
- Technical Degree in EE required, experience in embedded SW is an advantage.
- Knowledge of Battery performance estimation and health, and Battery to Platform interaction highly desired.
- Experience in developing models with large data sets and test tools.
- Experience with battery charging algorithm and protocols a plus.
- Understand and facilitate battery policy decisions.
- Adeptness working in a fast-paced, multi-functional environment - engaged and eager to learn.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills as well as the ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience.
- Experienced in setting up project plans, anticipate potential roadblocks and react proactively to create risk and impact mitigation.
- Ability to comprehend, communicate and handle complex design tradeoffs.
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity. Highly adept in multi-tasking of both short-term and long-term activities.
• Develop project plans, manage, track and report progress to plan and drive solutions to address any/all identified gaps. • Identify and prioritize project tasks and risks, drive engineering discussions and decisions on critical system parameters. • Drive day-to-day activities to meet overall project objectives • Identify and engage multi-functional partners for project definition decisions. • Communicate status and big picture to the project team and executive management. • Develop and drive multi-functional power delivery modeling, algorithm simulation and validation plan.
Education & Experience
BS in Electrical Engineering Required; MSEE preferred
Back to top