Battery Algorithm Engineering Program Manager
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Mar 30, 2020
Role Number: 200010339
As an Engineering Program Manager (EPM) within Apple's HW Technology organization, you will be responsible for development of battery solutions for a wide range of Apple products. The Battery Technology EPM team leads a multi-functional team of battery, electrical, software and system engineers, utilizing a strong technical background to identify, assess and communicate project risks and issues. We facilitate good communication and offer multiple levels of status across a wide spectrum of individual contributors to executive management. We are looking for a high-energy EPM to support technically significant projects where you will bring to bear your engineering background to enable multi-functional teams to deliver groundbreaking solutions. You will understand the who, what and how of algorithm and model development for battery vis-a-vis system interactions, orchestrating a software development plan and schedule, then successfully own the execution of that plan. You will have a proven record of enabling teams to bring to market complex systems efficiently and with high quality, with ability to bridge gaps between different engineering teams and deep understanding of engineering concepts - algorithm and software.
- 7+ years of industry experience (preferably Battery or Consumer Electronics) of taking technologies from concept definition to mass production.
- 5+ years of technical project management experience in Silicon, Battery Management Unit, Modeling and / or Software.
- Experience in developing models with large data sets and test tools.
- Experience with low power phones/wearable devices preferred.
- Technical Degree in EE required, experience in embedded SW is an advantage.
- Knowledge of Battery performance estimation and health, and Battery to Platform interaction useful.
- Experience with battery charging algorithm and protocols a plus.
- Validated adeptness in working in a dynamic environment. Engaged and eager to learn.
- Excellent communication, social and leadership skills as well as the ability to filter and distill significant information for the right audience.
- Experienced in setting up project plans, anticipate potential roadblocks and react dedicatedly to mitigate against risks or impacts.
- Ability to comprehend, communicate and handle complex design trade-offs.
- Comfortable with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity.
- Highly adept in multi-tasking of both short-term and long-term activities.
• Understand and facilitate battery policy decisions. • Drive day-to-day program activities, meetingto meet overall program objectives. • Develop project plans, manage, track and report progress to plan and drive solutions to address any/all identified gaps. • Identify and prioritize project tasks and risks, drive engineering discussions and decisions on critical system parameters. • Drive day-to-day tasks to meet overall project objectives • Identify and engage multi-functional partners for project definition decisions. • Communicate status and big picture to the project team and executive management.
Education & Experience
BS in Electrical Engineering Required; MSEE preferred
Back to top