Automation Engineering Manager
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Jan 7, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200129787
Apple is looking for a hardworking and highly motivated leader responsible for the quality assurance testing of our software broadly across multiple functional areas. You will provide a key function in crafting the success of Apple's current and future products, and help deliver exciting new software features whilst maintaining Apple's world class quality. We're looking for a testing aficionado to drive this critical function and enable new kinds of testing in a fast-paced environment with rapidly developing priorities.
- 5+ years leading a QA or Software Development team
- Deep knowledge of Apple's software development platforms.
- Deep understanding of QA methodologies and practices including triaging, debugging, testing, etc.
- Experience deploying testing for performance, UI, features, stability, and other product-oriented needs.
- Experience managing projects and processes cross-functionally
- Passion for building strong working relationships across a large organization.
- Able to work in an ambiguous and highly interdependent work environment to get things done in an efficient and thoughtful way.
- A passion for developing and leading people.
- Consistent track record of being proactive, ambitious, and detail-oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are needed to facilitate close interaction with development teams, management, and other organizations within Apple
We are looking for an ambitious leader with strong technical and social skills. You will be managing a team of QA testers focusing on automation and black-box testing that impacts iOS and macOS. You will drive the testing, data gathering, and project reporting for your team. You will coordinate testing with other teams, review test plans and related documentation, monitor progress and get sign-offs at key milestones. You will process data from multiple sources, draw meaningful conclusions, and present valuable recommendations to leadership. You must be flexible and able to bounce between varied tasks efficiently. An ideal candidate must be skilled at taking initiative and working with your team and others to bring assignments to completion. You must have a passion for great user interfaces and a dedication to delivering the highest quality products. You must be able to manage a diverse team effectively and draw on each team members' strengths to deliver excellent results.
Education & Experience
BS or MS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Develop the strategic direction for testing across the organization.
- Develop and promote new testing frameworks, tools and processes across our multiple teams.
- Lead the QA teams to focus on what is unique to their products and avoid overlapping efforts.
- Hire and develop effective and passionate engineers to support our efforts.
Back to top