Posted: Nov 1, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200117189
Apple's Services, Analytics, Forecast, Efficiency Group is looking for a passionate and highly motivated leader to manage our automation engineering efforts. You will provide a key function in shaping the success of Apple's current and future products, and help deliver exciting new features whilst maintaining Apple's world class quality. We're looking for a testing and automation aficionado to drive this critical function and enable new kinds of testing in a fast-paced environment with rapidly developing priorities.
- Highly experienced with building cloud services and distributed systems (AWS, Kubernetes, etc.) and cloud service orchestration (API- based control plane)
- Experience designing and developing scalable distributed systems with Kubernetes for production use in container-orchestration systems for automating application deployment, scaling, and management
- Mastery of containerization with Docker
- Strong programming skills in Python, Bash
- Good working knowledge of network security and secure coding fundamentals
- Experience with modern software delivery practices, including source control, testing, continuous delivery, continuous integration
- Passionate about delivering great customer experiences
- Excellent analytical skills, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills on both technical and non-technical topic
- Passionate about engineering for performance and quality.
- Strong teamwork in a diverse team, leadership, and time management skills; passion for leading, mentoring and developing team members
- Ability to manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Willingness to impact beyond defined role
The S.A.F.E. Team is responsible for collating data from multiple sources, cleaning said data, and provide a forecast for Apple's future. This position will be working to automate the team's processes to provide a continuous workflow without human intervention. We are looking for an experienced Automation Engineer to join the team developing data science systems and tooling used internally at Apple. In this role, you will directly shape the future of the organization's cloud journey as our team is an early adopter of new technologies in the cloud. You will actively participate and practice in an open, highly collaborative environment.
Education & Experience
Minimum Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, or other quantitative disciplines. Masters or PhD preferred.
Back to top