Audio DSP Research and Development Engineer
Posted: Feb 14, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200095730
The IMG Audio team is looking for a highly motivated and talented audio DSP and C++ coding expert to help develop, implement and improve media processing algorithms. The Interactive Media Group (IMG) is at the center of Apple's innovative products, including the Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV, macOS, iOS, watchOS and tvOS. IMG's Core Audio team provides audio foundation for various high profile features like Siri, phone calls, Face Time, media capture, playback, and API's for third party developers to enrich our platforms. We have a need for talented engineers who are passionate about building audio software products for millions of customers and consider the overall user experience. You will be revolutionizing the capabilities of sound reproducing devices, effectively raising the bar for entire industries.
- 5+ years of professional experience implementing audio DSP algorithms in C++.
- Experience with design and development of audio algorithms from ground up
- Familiarity with acoustic measurements
- Familiar with STL, templating, C++17, Matlab.
- Experience with realtime audio systems. (Threading, queues, synchronization, memory management)
- Talent for organizing and structuring a code library for readability, reusability, platform independence.
- Experience with the DSP for dynamics processing and/or speaker protection
- Ability to quickly become familiar with existing code.
- Self starter / self management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Detective Talent for Finding bugs.
As part of a team that is focused on improving sound reproduction by development of specialized DSP algorithms for all Apple devices, you will develop novel algorithms and help organize them in the form of a c++ code library. You will also help improve the library in terms of efficiency and re-usability with the goal to make it available for a steadily growing number of platforms and devices. Ideally, you also contribute to / improve an objective C library of custom UI elements and have a talent for how inner workings of algorithms can be visualized graphically to help the tuning process. Additional Preferred Skills: Experience with loudspeaker management algorithms Critical listening skills Passion for music Experience developing AudioUnits Interest in Objective C Experience with collaborative code development. Experience developing custom UI's
Education & Experience
PhD / MS / BS in CS or EE. Significant industry experience.
Back to top