Audio Data Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Aug 26, 2021
Role Number: 200206933
The IMG-Audio team is looking for a highly motivated and hardworking audio data engineer to support R&D activities. The Interactive Media Group (IMG) is at the center of Apple's innovative products, including the Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV, macOS, iOS, watchOS and tvOS. IMG's Core Audio team provides audio foundation for various high profile features like Siri, phone calls, Face Time, media capture, playback, and API's for third party developers to enrich our platforms. The team is looking for talented individuals who are passionate about building audio software products for millions of customers and care about overall user experience. You will be revolutionizing and contributing to future audio technologies.
- 2+ years experience in audio recording, editing and mixing.
- Excellent critical listening skills (differentiate sounds, identify distortions, etc.)
- Experience with sound editing software (Audition, Audacity, etc.)
- Experience writing Python scripts
- Excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of database software and data management tools
In this role you will procure audio data working with external vendors. Coordinate internal data collection efforts and generate simulated data. You will also annotate audio data and Curate and manage datasets. A passion for audio is desired and musicians are encouraged to apply.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in CS or or EE
- Familiarity with waveform and spectrogram (frequency analysis) displays is a plus.
Back to top