Audio Authoring Software Engineer
Posted: May 31, 2019
Role Number: 200064218
We're a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining what's possible to help us all do what we love in new ways. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch, as well as with services, including iTunes, the App Store, Apple Music, and Apple Pay. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Our Technology Development Group is looking for an Audio Authoring Tools Engineer to prototype and develop the next generation of audio editing and mixing tools. We work closely with the audio software, music apps, human interface, experience prototyping, and other teams to guide the future of Apple's strategy for sound design and mixing toolsets. You should have a background in spatial audio, mac / iOS software development and be familiar with audio creation pipelines used in film, television, and/or games. Responsibilities include • Developing user interfaces for content creators to integrate audio into AR experiences and applications • Contribute to enhancing audio functionality in our frameworks and tools used by our developer community • Architecting & integrating audio solutions for first party applications; Development & maintenance of internal tools & frameworks • Contribute to tools for processing of audio files and audio file asset management
- You have a deep understanding of audio/acoustics
- Development experience in Xcode using Swift / Objective-C / C++.
- It is ideal that you have a strong understanding of iOS/macOS application development
- Experience with audio DSP programming
- You have excellent communication skills and experience with executive presentations
- Professional use of DAW software such as Logic, ProTools, REAPER, etc.
- You should have experience writing audio plugins for Unity3D, Unreal Engine, FMOD, Wwise, or other game audio engines Experience writing audio plugins for AudioUnit, VST or AAX.
- Writing apps using AVAudioEngine
Apple's Technology Development Group is a special projects group within Apple charged with research and development of new product categories and core technologies. We are a diverse fast-paced audio team within the Technology Development Group that is charged with researching, designing, and developing next- generation audio technology.
Education & Experience
BS, MS or PhD - Computer Science, Electrical Engineering
Back to top