Atlassian Software Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Jun 2, 2020
Role Number: 200035966
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you'll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You'll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you'll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple's devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about joining Apple's engineering team as a JIRA/Confluence Administrator. This role requires a keen understanding of the Atlassian toolset and how to maximize those systems for our users. The Hardware Technologies team designs the best silicon on the planet and you could be a key part of enabling our success.
- 4+ years of Atlassian stack Linux administration.
- Led JIRA and Confluence upgrades and regular maintenance
- Deep understanding of the platforms to implement best practice guidelines as well as troubleshoot performance issues
- Experienced with managing Atlassian Data Center
- Evaluated, tested, installed, and managed third-party add-ons
- Comfortable with Atlassian REST APIs
- Setup custom JIRA workflows, dashboards, and reports
- Integrated Atlassian tools with non-Atlassian applications like Slack, TeamCity, Gitlab
- Experience with ScriptRunner plugins including Script Fragments, Script listeners, and Script Console
- Experience with JIRA ServiceDesk including automations such as connections to Confluence Questions
- Strong scripting skills (e.g. ScriptRunner in Groovy, Python, Perl) a big plus
- Built custom user macros and plugins for Confluence a plus
- Experience with Confluence-to-Confluence and JIRA-to-JIRA migrations a plus
You will be responsible for maintaining, updating, and enhancing our JIRA and Confluence platforms. This includes maximizing performance, completing health checks, and supporting user requests. You will have the opportunity to interact directly with our users and management to understand their requirements and impact their experience through the design and implementation of new features and customizations in JIRA/Confluence. If you are an expert in Atlassian products, who takes pride in building custom tools to meet business needs, then you would be an excellent addition to our team. An ideal candidate can quickly diagnose issues, balancing user requests with system performance. If you are a self-starter who wishes to expand their Atlassian administration experience, we want to hear from you!
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree in technical discipline required
Back to top