ASIC Architect (EE), Sensing Hardware
Posted: Nov 18, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200067736
Design, develop, and launch next-generation Touch Technologies in Apple products. The Touch Technology team develops ground breaking Touch solutions and technologies that are central to Apple's products, including the iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, MacBooks, and more. The key goal of the Touch Technology team is to enable the world's best multi-touch user-experience. New challenges arise every day that require the sharp problem- solving skills of talented and smart individuals. The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that champions engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation.
- Hands-on experience in design, development and launch of high volume IC designs in consumer products; direct experience with touch technology and / or flat panel display technology is beneficial.
- Strong electrical engineering background in signal processing, mixed-signal design, practical transceiver architecture design, filter design, and embedded system design.
- Hands-on experience in system-level design and IC micro-architecture definition of complex digital and mixed-signal ASICS including requirements for:
- ARM processing & memory sub-system, Power Management, Reset, clocking, I/O interfaces, and peripherals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and proven collaboration and leadership skills.
- Proficiency in MATLAB, Verilog, or similar simulation, design and modeling tools.
- Experience with Touch technology is a plus.
- Touch sensor system architecture - Develop high performance, low power signal processing and sensing architectures to achieve the best touch solutions. - Analog, Mixed-Signal, and Digital IC architecture design, detailed specification development and tolerance analysis. - Cross disciplinary design optimization, hardware/Firmware design partitioning, trade-off assessments, design checking and tolerance analysis. - Author detailed specifications, analyses, and characterization plans for touch system ASIC's - FPGA emulation system design, lead pre-silicon system validation, prototype bring-up, debug, validation, characterization, and including module integration support - Defect root cause analysis and resolution, including diligent bug database tracking. - Minimal business travel as needed to support product development. Multi-functional Responsibilities: - Manage cross-function technical development of Touch solutions. - Engage and collaborate with multi-functional teams, including Mechanical Engineering, Firmware Engineering, and Process Engineering, to deliver state-of-the-art Touch solutions. - Author presentations that communicate program status, technical issues, risks, and mitigations plans, clearly and concisely. - Contribute technical assessments to strategic decision-making relating to technology and investments.
Education & Experience
M.S. or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering or industry experience equivalent.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more.
- Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more.
Back to top