Art Director, Channel Interactive
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Oct 9, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200196842
Marcom is Apple's Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple's advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. Every day millions of consumers around the world interact with Apple and its products in the Indirect Channel through mobile, digital and in-store experiences. The Indirect Channel plays a hugely important role for Apple, with Channel Marcom driving strategies to provide customers a thoughtful, engaging and seamless experience. As a Senior Art Director on Marcom's Chanel interactive team, you will work in collaboration with other creative and technical disciplines to create considered and elegant customer experiences and communications to exist within our partners digital channels or ecosystems. The ideal candidate possesses strong communication and presentation skills, an impeccable design aesthetic, experience leading a team of designers, the ability to encourage positive collaboration with multi-disciplinary partners, a deep understanding of user experience concepts, style guides, systematic design rationale, and an extraordinary attention to detail.
- You have at least 7-10 years of design and art direction experience with an expert ability to develop innovative creative work.
- Expertise in developing creative solutions in a variety of campaigns, across a broad range of problems and media, including advertising, graphic design, Corporate ID, interactive, and collateral.
- You possess excellent design and conceptual skills accompanied by the ability to guide and evaluate and redirect creative development when necessary.
- You are naturally curious and passionate about design - with a keen awareness of the evolving landscape of tools, technologies, resources, and trends.
- You are a motivated and driven art director that collaborates well with a team to find solutions to complex problems.
- You're a strong communicator with phenomenal presentation skills and are able to articulate ideas with clarity, engage in healthy debate, and accept feedback. Must be able to communicate effectively both up and down a creative organization.
- You have in depth knowledge of the creative development process, including effectively and efficiently staffing projects, providing timely and helpful feedback to improve creative solutions, and producing work on schedule. Must be able to effectively lead junior creative staff members, vendors, freelancers, and photographers as needed.
- Good organization skills to file work in a manner that can be shared with the team.
- Excellent skills with design software, primarily the Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch.
- Experience with 3D software is a plus.
Brainstorms, coordinates, and collaborates frequently in order to bring to life the key elements of design and art direction. Inspires the team to pursue new creative solutions while also being directly involved with the process. Leads the successful creation and production of design solutions, follows briefs and creative direction. Collaborate with ACDs, and the larger project team to explore concepts and iterate on design solutions. Anticipate and solve for potential challenges, as well as existing conditions. Plans and directs aspects of assigned projects to deliver superior design in accordance with project constraints and parameters. Delivers persuasive creative presentations to executive staff members. Dives deep into the details but also guide the work towards bigger-picture objectives. Multi-tasks on design projects that require both conceptual and functional thinking with a tireless work ethic. Reacts quickly to new information, opinions, and direction to strategically pivot when necessary. Provides thoughtful guidance to junior creative staff, with an eye on mentorship and knowledge growth. Executes high-quality design work on assigned projects. Regularly reviews creative work with the group's senior creative staff to get feedback on direction, and to ensure the work is aligned with other activities in the group. Relied upon to conceive of, design, and lead the development of high-quality creative work that pushes the Apple brand forward.
Education & Experience
Preferred: BA or BFA in Graphic Design (or equivalent).
Back to top