Apps Accessibility Software Engineer
Posted: Aug 20, 2019
Role Number: 200092213
Are you interested in making the world a better place? Do you want to help influence and create some of Apple's most important products on a small and highly cross-functional team? Here at Apple we believe that technology is most powerful when it empowers everyone. Our Apps Accessibility Engineering team is looking for a highly motivated engineer who can contribute directly to the accessibility user experience in our apps.
- Ability to create and understand maintainable and performant Object-Oriented software designs
- Ability to write performant and correct multi-threaded code
- Talent for cleanly architecting UI features
- Passion for quality and attention to detail
- Aptitude for independently learning new technologies
- Ability to identify and resolve complex problems
- Strong debugging skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with AppKit and/or UIKit
Apple's Apps Accessibility team is looking for a motivated and driven iOS/macOS Software Development Engineer to help ensure -all- of our customers are able to fully use and enjoy our software products. On this team, you'll have unique opportunities to help influence and craft accessibility solutions within familiar apps and software products that are far-reaching, impactful, and empowering to our customers. You should be comfortable with rapidly evolving designs and requirements, and have excellent interpersonal skills. Throughout the process, you will work collaboratively with our extraordinary team of engineers, partner with designers, and coordinate with other teams at Apple including Application teams, framework teams, and other software engineering, QA, and design teams across the company. Here you will find that we: - Provide a peaceful work environment where you can choose when to socialize and when to find your own space and focus. - Have an encouraging and growth-focused workplace culture. - Support you to use accrued vacation time and maintain a healthy work-life balance. - Offer excellent benefits.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of either UIKit or AppKit APIs.
- Experience with assistive technologies is nice to have, but not required.
- Experience using accessibility APIs on any platform is helpful, but not required.
Back to top