Applied Scientist - Sensors - AI/ML
Posted: Nov 13, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200067857
We are looking for engineers with a passion for using machine learning to create intelligent applications. In this highly accomplished, deeply technical and close-knit team of data scientists and machine learning engineers, you will create tools that are used by millions of people. You will design and implement new machine learning algorithms and techniques and collaborate with the most innovative product development teams in the world. Our team researches new machine learning algorithms, models and techniques that will power amazingly intelligent user experiences. We want new ambitious team members to join our research ML group. In this role, we create new models and algorithms, and actively engage with the academic community by publishing your work and participating in academic efforts. You will also have the opportunity to contribute to cool projects around Apple, and use your data science, machine learning and artificial intelligence skills to transfer your ideas into solutions for some of the most challenging technical problems in the next generation of products that will delight millions of people.
- Experience applying machine learning to solve practical problems
- Solid understanding of foundational statistics concepts and ML algorithms
- Experience working with time-series sensor data (optical, electrical, motion, and other)
- Experience building/working with data pipelines
- Strong software development skills, with proficiency in Python and C++ preferred
- Creative, collaborative, & product focused
- PhD in Machine learning, EE, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics, or related field with 2+ years of industry experience or MS in related field with 3-5 years industry experience
Apple's central AI/ML org is looking for Applied Scientists who are passionate about using machine learning to build new user experiences. The team you will join is responsible for creating innovative experiences with wearables and sensors. We are highly collaborative and partner with a variety of product teams across Apple including Watch, Siri, Accessibility, Home, and others and have shipped features like Raise to Speak on the Apple Watch. In this role, you will work with time-series data from multiple sensors, build appropriate data and modeling pipelines, apply a variety machine learning techniques, help integrate models on-device to power new experiences, and work with your team to iterate on the end user experience.
Education & Experience
PhD in Machine learning, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics, or related field or MS in related field with a strong academic track record 3+ years of research experience in academia or industry
Back to top