Applications Performance Engineer
- Boulder, CO
CO Salary Range: USD 105,600.00 per year
Posted: Jan 29, 2021
Role Number: 200181372
The Technology Development Group is working on exciting new technologies. We are looking for a driven and dedicated Applications performance engineer. This team is building the core foundational platform for some of Apple's most advanced technologies including the augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) support offered in ARKit, RealityKit and Metal. As part of our creative organization, you will have a uniquely rewarding opportunity to craft future products that will delight and inspire millions of people every day.
- In depth knowledge of two or more of these languages : C++, Obj-C, Swift, Metal
- Experience in optimizing software apps.
- Experience with performance analysis + optimization techniques for CPU, GPU, Memory and Latency.
- Experience with optimizing for specific hardware architectures.
- Familiarity with iOS development in a plus
- Experience with optimizing AR/VR apps is a plus
- Experience troubleshooting latency-critical software is a plus
- Knowledge of operating systems (Compilers, memory management, thread scheduling,.) is a plus
The Technology Development Group is looking for an accomplished Applications Performance Engineer to help ensure that the next generation of interactive experiences for iOS will run with the best performance. You will collaborate with multiple teams cross-functionally to deliver incredible experiences for our customers. You will work on analyzing performance of various applications across different hardware architectures and help to design and implement software optimizations together with other teams at the framework and application level. You will also recommend architectural changes at the software and hardware level to various teams based on your findings. You will help support both internal and external clients of our software to help them get maximum performance out of our frameworks. You will also help to write up application performance guidelines for different hardware architectures, for engineers across the organization. You will augment existing performance measurement and analysis tools and help design and implement new ones as needed. You will also help to maintain the performance of our software over time by debugging and fixing performance regressions. This engineer is to be technically savvy, team oriented, creative, motivated, flexible, and driven to produce results.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in CS/CE or equivalent experience is expected
- If you are a Colorado resident, this is for you:
- At Apple, we see the whole you. We carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. The Applications Performance Engineer starts at an annual salary of $105,600. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Every Apple employee also has the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder, because all team members are eligible for stock grants and also a discount when purchasing Apple stock.
- We offer all kinds of ways to experience well-being, confidence, and satisfaction. Learn more about Apple benefits.
- Note: Apple benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple's most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We're proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount - both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company's success. You'll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace
Back to top