Apple Music - Senior Software Data Engineer
- New York, NY
Posted: May 1, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200168703
At Apple, extraordinary ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! Apple Media Products is the team behind the App Store, Apple Music, iTunes, and many other high profile products on iPhone, Mac and AppleTV. Our Data Engineering team is seeking a hardworking, performance-savvy, engineer to build out the big data platform and services, which power many of these customer features - existing and new. This is your opportunity to help engineer highly visible global-scale systems with petabytes of data, supporting hundreds of millions of users.
- Expertise in designing, implementing and supporting highly scalable data systems and services in Java and/or Scala
- Experience with Hadoop-ecosystem technologies in particular MapReduce, Spark / Spark-SQL / Spark Streaming, Hive, YARN/MR2
- Experience building and running large-scale data pipelines, including distributed messaging such as Kafka, data ingest to/from multiple sources to feed batch and near-realtime/streaming compute components
- Experience in data-modeling and data-architecture optimized for big data patterns, ie. warehousing concepts; efficient storage and query on HDFS; data security and privacy techniques)
- Knowledgable about distributed storage and network resources, at the level of hosts, clusters and DCs, to troubleshoot and prevent performance issues
- Experience with low-latency NoSQL datastores and traditional relational databases is desired
You will be responsible for designing and implementing features that rely on processing and serving very large datasets with an awareness of scalability. This will include creating systems to model, ingest, process and compute large-scale, mission-critical data across Apple Music. High-throughput and reliability are critical.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top