Apple Media Products - Software Engineer, Music Discovery
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: May 13, 2020
Role Number: 200027835
- Proficiency in Java or another OO language.
- Strong data structures, algorithms, and OO software design and implementation skills
- Experience working with big data technologies such as Spark, MapReduce, Hadoop, Kafka
- Experience developing large-scale web-based services and applications ---
- Deep understanding of multi-threading, concurrency, caching, and distributed storage technologies
- Experience working with a key value store (Redis, Cassandra, Voldemort, etc)
- Ability to juggle a high workload and multiple responsibilities
- Strong written and oral interpersonal skills
- Know your way around a Unix command line environment
The Apple Media Products Music Discovery Services team is looking for a world-class engineer to build and improve some of the core features in Apple Music and the iTunes Store. The Music Discovery Services team is responsible for products such as iCloud Music Library, Apple Music playlists, Radio, personalized mixes like the Chill Mix, Favorites Mix, etc., Recommendations, Siri based musicologist, and many other personalized and cloud features of the iTunes Store. This position is for an Application Engineer within the Music Discovery Services team. You will design and build scalable server-side recommendations services and cloud based features powering millions of devices and for millions of customers. You will work closely in collaboration with other world class engineers, researchers, and statisticians to deliver cutting edge features that implement state-of-the-art algorithms and techniques. If you are driven by creatively solving complex engineering and algorithmic problems at high scale, then we are looking for you!
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or related field, MS preferred.
Back to top