Apple Media Products - Senior Site Reliability Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Aug 25, 2020
Role Number: 200143961
- - 3+ years hands-on experience developing Java with J2EE, UNIX, and object-oriented technologies.
- - Experience with Java unit testing and Multi- threaded programming.
- - Participate in code review, debugging and resolving issues.
- - Working knowledge of source control software (Git).
- - 2+ years supporting hosted services in a high-volume customer-facing environment.
- - 1+ years of experience on any NoSQL data store such as Voldemort, MongoDB and Couchbase.
- - Proficiency with shell & Python languages.
- - Background building distributed, server-based infrastructure supporting a high volume of transactions in a critical environment.
- - Experience with Big Data/Hadoop is a huge plus.
- - Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work efficiently across multiple business and technical teams.
- - Ability to thrive in a dynamic, tight deadline delivery timeline.
- - Aptitude to independently learn new technologies.
- - Able to complete projects with minimal supervision and direction.
- - Application code performance tuning.
As a Senior SRE on this team, you handle large NoSQL database infrastructure. You will configure, tune & improve distributed database systems to achieve efficient application performance, stability and availability. We will partner with development, application support and system engineering teams to tackle various complex issues. The SRE will debug Java and/or system side to optimize performance, design and architect NoSQL data store, and work on optimizing capacity!
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or equivalent field with 5+ years or MS degree with 3+ years experience, or equivalent.
Back to top