Apple Media Products Engineering - Sr Software Engineer / Software Engineer (Commerce, Java, web services, SQL / NoSQL),
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Jun 22, 2020
Role Number: 200177053
- At least 1 to 5+ years of Java programming experience. New college grads ok.
- Object-oriented programming
- Hands-on software engineering experience, particularly with Java and Service Oriented Architectures
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Willing to take ownership and set direction, especially in gray areas
- The attitude that technical debt as an opportunity for better engineering
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Knowledge of databases both SQL and NoSQL and entity relationship modeling
- Experience programming for eventual consistency
- Experience working in a large code base
- Experience/knowledge working on highly scalable applications and RESTful web services
- Familiarity with scalability and performance issues
- Excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Interest in the commerce domain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Would you like the stimulation and challenges of building a world-class, extraordinary scalable commerce platform? Then this is the opportunity for you at Apple! We strive to provide a flawless purchase and subscription experience for our for millions of customers and developers. The Apple Media Products Commerce Engineering team manages purchases from all iOS products, including Apps, Music, and Subscriptions. This scale is truly unprecedented and requires tremendous thinking to develop new initiatives and maintain existing systems. We are looking for a self-starting, energetic individual who is not afraid to question assumptions or charge head-first into gray areas. Excellent written and oral interpersonal skills are a must to collaborate in our cross-functional environments. The ideal candidate should have several years experience developing large-scale web-based applications using object-oriented languages. Excellent understanding of relational databases and data-modeling techniques are needed, and Cassandra or other NoSQL knowledge are a plus. We are primarily a Java shop. If you like the stimulation and challenges of building systems and features exposed to hundreds of millions of transacting users, and you want to make a difference, you will find Apple Media Products Engineering to be a fast-paced, rewarding environment where the best engineers and scientists collaborate to deliver fantastic products and features to our customers. This position is for a Software Engineer within the Apple Media Products Commerce team. The Apple Media Products Commerce Engineering team supports all the commerce functionality of the App Store, iTunes Music Store, Apple Music, and many others. We account for each purchase across many different reporting and financial systems. You will work on adding new integrations, scaling current data flows, and re-imagining existing processes to accommodate developing features and architectures. We offer a diverse set of products, often with dissimilar taxation, accounting and reporting requirements. These requirements are often country specific and can change quickly as legislative bodies update local laws. All of this operates on an immense scale, both in volume and business complexity. We are seeking a Java engineer with experience implementing large scale systems. Working independently, you will drive a project from inception to production deployment with a strong focus on performance to get the most out of your systems' designs and implementations, no matter what the scale. You will care about measuring, profiling, tuning but you will also be able to think creatively and question assumptions. You should be a phenomenal teammate and have excellent communication and presentation skills.
Education & Experience
A BS, MS or PhD in Computer Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience is required.
Back to top