Apple Media Products Engineering - Senior Software Engineer Back End
- Culver City, CA
Posted: May 16, 2020
Role Number: 200134637
- At least 5 years experience in a professional programming position.
- Deep knowledge and experience building applications with Java,Net, C++, or Python.
- Deep knowledge and experience modeling data in relational and NoSQL databases.
- Experience querying search engines (i.e. SOLR, ElasticSearch).
- Experience building on cloud-based infrastructure.
- Experience writing REST APIs.
- Familiarity with micro-services architecture and server side technologies.
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies.
- Familiarity with digital media formats for video is helpful.
- Have a belief in automation and tooling as a critical part of the software lifecycle.
We are looking for a highly experienced, self-starting, and ambitious Back-End engineer who is not afraid to question assumptions as they build large-scale, data-driven systems to enable the growth of AppleTV+ during these critical early days of the service, and into the future. This is a unique opportunity to build at Apple's scale in the media services industry and within AMP (the fastest growing division within Apple). If you're passionate and creative while staying focused and curious we've got an exciting role for you. Apple TV+ is a brand new service, and it's up to us to make it explode. We're a new team, and all of our work is green-field. We're looking for a Back-End engineer who dives deep into tech and is trusted by their peers to come up with the best solutions for any problem. We design as a team, we code review each others work, and we invest in automated testing and deployments. We look for phenomenal teammates who are able to tackle problems under tight time constraints and deliver forward-thinking solutions. The team builds tools and systems to scale and optimize the Apple TV+ video content post production workflows. Our entire tech stack is on cloud-based infrastructure, from the UI to the data, and everything in between. The ideal Back-End engineer will understand how to model data to enable efficient video file-based workflows, and how to build the secure and scalable APIs and services to power all of our products.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
Back to top