Apple Media Products Engineering - Senior Software Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Posted: Sep 15, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200139307
- At least 5 years experience in a professional programming position with Java and similar languages.
- Strong understanding of building micro-services using REST-style APIs.
- In-depth knowledge of database systems and domain modeling techniques.
- Confidence with both SQL databases like Oracle and NoSQL databases like Cassandra.
- JSON, Protobuf serialization and gRPC.
- Experience deploying software on elastic platforms such as Kubernetes, EC2, etc.
- Enjoys fixing/improving things and finding solutions to difficult problems.
- Strong belief in automation and tooling as a critical part of the software lifecycle.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
As an Engineer on the AMP Asset Infrastructure team, you'll support the content processing pipelines and asset management for all of Apple's digital content including apps, music, movies, and books on the App Store and iTunes Store. We manage the life cycle of Apple's digital assets and are responsible for maintaining secure access to them across both new and legacy applications. As a member of our team, you will collaborate with multiple engineering teams, business operations, production support, site reliability engineering, quality assurance, and other infrastructure teams. You will develop the next generation of asset management systems and and work with our partner teams to migrate legacy systems onto your new platforms. We will be seamlessly migrating live data and content while maintaining the service quality Apple customers expect. Our team is geographically diverse. We're looking for someone whose "people skills" complement their coding skills, someone who likes improving things as much as building things, and someone who is passionate about discovering new ways to accelerate the rate at which we can improve our products.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
Back to top