Apple Media Products Engineering- Program Manager - Infrastructure / SRE
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: May 28, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200167346
- Exceptional organizational, project management, and technical acumen.
- Prior engineering, infrastructure, or software development project management experience for Site Reliability Engineering / DevOps / Infrastructure domains
- Experience of managing Cloud and Infrastructure projects. Past experience with deployments to AWS / Kubernetes platforms would be a plus.
- Agile project experience with evidence and able to demonstrate knowledge. Preference would be given to candidates with SCRUM background and/or played the role of a Scrum Master.
- Experience at prioritizing features, and technical road maps
- Proficiency and experience in delivering large scale infrastructure projects
- Process re-engineering experience.
- Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to represent at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous end to end infrastructure, technical projects and stakeholder community comprising of various engineering teams and their partners
- Experience at end to end project delivery; building roadmaps through to operational sustainability.
- Strong facilitation skills (requirements sessions, design meetings, progress and status meetings)
We are seeking a seasoned Engineering / Technical Program Manager for our Service Reliability Engineering (SRE) group. The SRE team is responsible for service infrastructure that ensures our customers' seamless experience. Manage SRE-centric efforts across independent functional teams comprised of software development, systems engineering, network, tooling, monitoring, & capacity teams. Persistently remove ambiguity and seek to reduce complexity to ensure clarity around project goals, expectations and timelines. Develop a broad organizational perspective to facilitate strategic views around new projects and be able to facilitate discussions focusing on prioritization of existing projects. Create and maintain extensive work plans detailing complex technical projects in a fast moving engineering environment. Prove your ability to manage deadlines and meet financial, capacity and personnel constraints while successfully completing your projects on time! Controlling and reporting progress to the Project Steering Group/Project Sponsor and escalating any issues, as appropriate, in a timely manner. Initiating corrective action where necessary in order to keep the project on track Identify inter-dependencies between the various stakeholder groups to ensure all are aligned and risks are identified, mitigated and communicated
Education & Experience
BS/BA Degree and/or MBA preferred
Back to top