Apple Media Products - Engineering Manager, Partner Integrations
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Jun 18, 2020
Role Number: 200164546
- Hands-on experience working on scalable web services and features that span multi-functional teams
- Ability to jump in and code hands-on along with team members as needed (likely on a daily basis)
- Experience leading complex software engineering projects from inception to production
- Experience leading and growing a team, including hiring, coaching, and performance management
- Ability to communicate thoughtfully and effectively with engineers, product managers, designers, stakeholders, partners, etc.
- Ability to provide hands-on technical leadership; mentorship, guiding, and motivating the engineer
- Results-oriented and willing to take action; Ability to push boundaries of the API platform, and build a growth vision for the platform and the team
- Strong object oriented design and analysis skills coupled with a deep understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Experience in designing and implementing RESTful APIs.
- Experience with NoSQL solutions (Solr / Elastic Search / Redis / Memcached / Cassandra / Voldemort / MongoDB etc.)
- Experience with Java, or any other JVM or functional languages like Clojure is a plus.
Come be part of the incredible engineering team that powers the features that drive the App Store, Apple Music, iBooks, iTunes, and Podcasts. You will be working cross functionally with various teams across Apple to deliver really exciting features. You will help scale our content service and editorial service that houses all the content metadata thats needed in one form or the other by Apple client applications and other dependent services. Thinking about service performance is a constant thing for us, and we are looking for someone like-minded. Are you used to thinking about performance in terms of median, 95th percentile and 99th percentile? Then we are absolutely looking for you! If you are an engineer who is not afraid to question assumptions and is a phenomenal teammate under tight deadlines, this will be a fantastic place for you. You will be leading a team that creates a vision for the Media API platform to bring Apple services to MusicKit and third party platforms. Thinking about the consistent, uniform, flexible APIs as well as web service performance is a constant thing for us and we are searching for someone like-minded. You will be leading, coaching a team of passionate software engineers and providing a vision for the team Working with engineers, engineering managers, product managers, designers, stakeholders, partners, etc. you'll bring Apple services to third party platforms
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field required
Back to top