Apple Media Products, Commerce Lead Software Engineer
Posted: Jul 9, 2019
Role Number: 200038364
The Apple Media Products Commerce group is looking for an extraordinary lead engineer to join our platform engineering team. The Commerce team provides the transactional engine for App Store, iTunes Music Store, Apple Music, iBookStore, Apple TV, iTunes U., and more. Our platform is the highest volume digital content store in the world, serving billions of transactions daily in 129 countries. Would you like the stimulation and challenges of building a world-class, extraordinary scalable commerce platform? Then this is the opportunity for you at Apple! We strive to provide a flawless purchase and subscription experience for our for millions of customers and developers. You'll build services and application components, shared across applications, to support very high levels of transactional integrity, scalability, availability, fault tolerance, and security. You will also contribute to the architecture, design and implementation of top-level user visible features, with an emphasis on identifying components that can be reused across different scenarios and domains. We are looking for a self-starting, energetic individual who is not afraid to question assumptions or charge head-first into gray areas. Excellent written and interpersonal skills are a must to collaborate in our cross-functional environments. You should have several years experience developing large-scale web-based applications using object-oriented languages. Excellent understanding of relational databases and data-modeling techniques are needed, and Cassandra or other NoSQL knowledge are a plus. We partner with a variety of cross and multi-functional team members from a diverse array of groups across the company.
- At least 10 years of experience, at least 3 of which are in a lead role
- Strong object oriented design and analysis skills
- The attitude that technical debt as an opportunity for better engineering
- Hands-on coder, with ability to write clear, concise, coherent code
- Superb verbal and written communications skills
- Experience writing components/frameworks/libraries that achieve software leverage via reuse across problem domains
- Experience with relational databases, JDBC, and object relational frameworks like Hibernate, JPA, etc.
- Experience using NoSQL solutions like Cassandra, Voldemort, Memcached, etc.
- Willing to take ownership and set direction, especially in gray areas
- Excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Familiarity with big data technologies such as Apache Spark, Hadoop, etc.
- TCP/IP Networking experience, with protocols like HTTP, HTTPS, SSL
- Ability to self-direct when necessary, all the while supporting strong team dynamics
- Ability to simultaneously face multiple teams and/or partner organizations
- Fastidious attention to detail
- Interest in the commerce domain
If you like the stimulation and challenges of building systems and features exposed to hundreds of millions of transacting users, and you want to make a difference, you will find Apple Media Products Engineering to be a fast-paced, rewarding environment where the best engineers and scientists collaborate to deliver fantastic products and features to our customers. You will work on features that touch all Apple Media Products Commerce services - from account management, application, music, and video purchase/download/entitlement, subscription management, and a lot of new features coming to the Apple product ecosystem. You will perform analysis, derive strategies, and write code to ensure that the stores financial transactions maintain key characteristics: ACID integrity, scalability, availability, fault tolerance, and security. You will find opportunities for software reuse across problem domains, design and code components/libraries/frameworks to support that reuse, and refactor code to achieve higher levels of leverage in the codebase. Using 3rd party and hand-rolled solutions, you will build infrastructure for caching, messaging, and workflow management, that will be used by other teams in the Commerce group. Be ready to make something great when you come here. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. You should join the Apple Media Products Commerce Engineering Team if you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.
Education & Experience
A BS/MS/PhD in Computer Engineering/Computer Science is required.
Back to top