Apple Cloud- Sr. Software Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Nov 11, 2020
Role Number: 200206446
There are jobs and then there are opportunities! At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what we could accomplish! Apple Cloud Machine Learning team is looking for hardworking and strong Software and ML platform engineers (at all levels of seniority) to help us build the next generation A/B Experimentation and ML platforms. Our team is solving key challenges in automating model training, a/b experimentation, model delivery and serving with intense focus on data security and preserving user privacy. You'll work in a small and diverse team, building new functionalities for A/B Experimentation and ML platforms and collaborating across groups. You'll also participate in crafting systems, algorithm, and optimization efforts to ship product with impact. This position requires a broad set of software engineering skills, focusing on developing ML platform pieces. You should have experience with shipping production systems that scale to millions of users.
- You've earned ONE of the following three
- 1. PhD in Computer Science with experience building production systems,
- 2. MS in CS with 4+ years of experience in working with large data projects with at least 1 year running experiments or building experimentation platform
- 3. BS in CS with 6+ years of experience in the industry with at least 2 year running experiments or building experimentation platform.
- YOU WILL ALSO HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Proven track record of delivering production software.
- Experience building large scale applications/services with Java, Scala, Go or Python.
- Experience with SQL/NoSQL databases, Spark, Hadoop, or other distributed frameworks.
- Strong data-driven thinking.
- Proven mathematical knowledge.
Build platforms and features which will help data driven decision-making and improve Apple's user experience. Build distributed backend systems for training and serving ML models at Apple scale. Build tools that allow our customers to analyze the results of A/B experiments as well as proactive monitoring of the health of experiments. Build backend for data visualization tools to facilitate analysis & synthesis of complex datasets. Provide technical leadership. Influence data-driven optimization efforts.
Education & Experience
B.S. in Computer Science with 6+ years experience M.S. in Computer Science with 4+ years experience PH.D. IN CS, INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE A PLUS
Back to top