Apple Cloud Services - JDK/JVM Software Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Oct 22, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200146446
Apple services make extensive use of Java Virtual Machine (JVM) and Java Development Kit (JDK) technology. Our team makes strategic investments and supports the JVM and JDK technology to ensure these Apple services work at peak capacity. Apple services are encouraged to work reliably on a global scale, and the JVM provides a critical piece of this infrastructure. Team members are passionate about working across a large organization to understand where runtime changes are justified, configuration changes, or if application tuning would be sufficient. If this is something which is exciting for you, we'd love to hear from you.
- Expert knowledge of Java and C++.
- Garbage Collection (e.g. Parallel, G1, ZGC).
- JIT technologies (e.g. Hotspot, GraalVM).
- Java Development Kit (e.g. Java APIs and library implementations).
- Understanding of Java Memory Model.
- Multi-threaded programming and concurrency concepts.
- Understanding of how to do JVM performance analysis and make corresponding improvement.
- Working with application and library developers to write more friendly code for the JVM/JDK.
Contribute and build JVM and JDK software that enables services at Apple's scale. We are looking for individual contributors and team leaders to improve the JVM and JDK at Apple. You will have the opportunity to work with a team which has set its sights on improving impact across Apple.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
Back to top