Apple Cloud Machine Learning Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Apr 16, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200153677
Imagine what we could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job, and there's no telling what we could accomplish. We're looking for talented data scientists, machine learning engineers, and strong engineerings (at all levels of seniority) passionate about building products and initiatives from the ground up. This is a new team driving data efforts across the Apple Cloud Services organization. In this role, you'll implement novel machine learning algorithms, drive data science analysis for decision-making, and build efforts through production at massive scale. These systems will help us understand and improve Apple's user experience, and will become a significant part of our strategic focus optimizing user experience and engagement with personal accounts and services. You'll work in a small and dynamic team, building new functionality and collaborating across groups. You'll also participate in crafting systems, algorithm, and optimization efforts to ship product with impact. This position requires a broad set of software engineering skills, focusing on exabytes of data. You built and deployed ML algorithms, optimization efforts, and/or data science driven systems. You should have experience working with massive datasets and shipping production scale systems.
- You've earned a: (a) PhD in Computer Science with experience building production systems, or (b) MS in CS with 4+ years of experience in working with large data projects with at least 1 year running experiments or building experimentation platform, or (c) BS in CS with 6+ years of experience in the industry with at least 2 year running experiments or building experimentation platform.
- Consistent track record of delivering production software.
- Experience building large scale applications/services with Java, Scala, Go or Python.
- Experience with SQL/NoSQL databases, Spark, Hadoop, or other distributed frameworks.
- Strong data-driven thinking.
- Solid mathematical knowledge.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
In this role, you'll Build platforms and features which will help data driven decision-making and improve Apple's user experience. Build tools that allow our customers to analyze the results of A/B experiments as well as proactive monitoring of the health of experiments. Build distributed backend systems serving A/B experimentation at Apple scale. Build data visualization tools to facilitate analysis & synthesis of complex datasets. Provide technical leadership. Influence data-driven optimization efforts.
Education & Experience
B.S. in Computer Science with 6+ years experience M.S. in Computer Science with 4+ years experience Ph.D. in CS, industry experience a plus
Back to top