App Store Engineering, Software Engineer
Posted: Mar 20, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200011010
The App Store Engineering R&D team is looking for talented software engineers to build and update App platform. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are looking for a self-motivated, high-energy individual with excellent communication skills who is willing to question assumptions, take end to end ownership of features and drive them to completion. You should have experience developing large-scale server-side systems using object-oriented languages.
- At least 2+ years experience in crafting, implementing and supporting highly scalable backend systems and web services.
- Demonstrate proficiency in data management and automation on Spark, Hadoop, and HDFS environments.
- In-depth Java programming experience.
- Deep understanding, and strong hands on experience - Multithreading, Networking (including non-blocking IO), HTTP and REST APIs.
- Confidence with SQL databases like Oracle and NoSQL databases like Cassandra.
- Passion and prior experience designing and implementing outstanding large distributed systems.
- Be an advocate and driver for performance optimization, automation, and unit tests.
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly.
- Excellent debugging, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Tireless attention to detail.
Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment. Analyze, design, code, inspect, debug, and test features for the data platform. Maintain and improve existing applications in response to new feature requests. Collaborate closely with members of other teams throughout the release cycle.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or EE, or relevant industry experience is required. MS in Computer Science or related technical field is desired.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Meet Some of Apple's Employees
Every Apple Store is designed to engage its local community, and no one understands this more than Consuela. She motivates her team to engage with customers in new and exciting ways.
Back to top