Analog/RFIC Design Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Nov 4, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200204887
Would you like to join Apple's fast-growing mmWave and cellular wireless design team? We are responsible for all aspects of cellular/mmWave silicon development with a particular emphasis on highly integrated and efficient designs and technologies that transform the user experience at the product level. In this highly visible role, you will be at the center of the Analog/Mixed Signal IC design efforts. You will have the opportunity to do innovative development in transceiver design while working closely with systems and product teams at Apple. You will make a critical impact on getting products to millions of customers. We have multiple needs and are open to multiple experience levels.
- We would like you to have strong knowledge of RF blocks such as VCOs, LNA and up/down converters. Good knowledge of ADC/DAC designs/architectures would be helpful too.
- Sound knowledge of system partitioning and how they relate to block level specs is critical to have.
- Working knowledge of bandgaps, bias, opamps, switched-cap circuits, feedback and compensation techniques would be essential.
- You can benefit from hands-on knowledge of low noise design techniques.
- Solid knowledge of high precision techniques in presence of device mismatch is good to have.
- Experience in C/Matlab/VerilogA modeling and strong device physics knowledge as it applies to analog IC designs would be a plus.
- Hands-on working experience in using spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, signal generators, etc. for analog design validation is a bonus.
- Experience in working with production test engineers to firm up test plans and DFT details will be a bonus.
As an Analog/RF Design Engineer at Apple, you will utilize your vast background in Analog Circuit Design, and be responsible for providing AMS design solutions for wireless chips. Responsibilities Include: • Transistor-level feasibility studies for various blocks in AFE and designing blocks and documenting design towards formal design reviews. • Drive mask design to implement layout view of designs. • Run top-level simulations to validate top-level integration. • Define production/bench-level test plans. • Take lab measurements to validate analog designs. • Drive/review yield/lab test results to drive bug fixes, and design for ESD compliance.
Education & Experience
MSEE is required; PhD would be an advantage.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Back to top