Analog/Mixed Signal Application Engineer - Camera Hardware
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Apr 29, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200133062
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that sets the standard in developing excellence, creativity and innovation. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products? The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for the design, development, and innovation of camera hardware for all related Apple products. Our target is to deliver superior camera hardware to enable best-in-class camera user experience. We are looking for an enthusiastic, high energy individual who can help us with tomorrow's challenges.
- Broad range of engineering knowledge and/or expertise.
- Sharp problem-solving skills and critical thinking.
- Past experience of independence in designing complex systems.
- Strong understanding of EE fundamentals.
- Strong commitment to going above and beyond to get work done at the highest quality.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with the development and analysis of experiments to root- cause challenging electrical problems.
- Be hands-on in the following:
- Experience in a scripting language such as, Python or MATLAB, to automate instruments and analyze data.
- Experience with low-level programming and debug for embedded development.
- Experience with integrated circuit design, low-noise electrical measurements and analysis.
- Ability to read PCB schematics to debug or quickly modify electrical test systems.
- Experience in analog and mixed-signal IC or board level design to predict challenging implementations and target tests.
Working with cross-functional teams including mechanical, optical, firmware, product/test and camera systems engineers to evaluate performance specifications, optimal HW/SW/FW system partitioning and interfacing. Developing and executing plans on validation, validation and debugging, and then completing data analysis to draw conclusions. Developing software, firmware, and RTL for laboratory data acquisition and control systems. Understanding and working at the boundary of vendor requirements to search for incorrect implementations. Desire to "break things". Supporting camera HW chipset (developed and under development) across multiple systems and modules from initial bring up to initial and post MP release
Education & Experience
Preferred MS, or Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Some travel may be required
Back to top