AI/ML - Technical Leader, Engineering Efficiency
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Jul 30, 2020
Role Number: 200183907
Imagine your future at Apple: You are empowered to bring your ideas to life to build extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences. Your passion and dedication will propel you to great achievements at the company, where innovation and problem solving is rewarded handsomely. Join the AI/ML team to create the next generation tooling platform that unlocks new ways of developing, testing and releasing software. What could you do if you combined the power of AI, ML and the best developer tooling on the planet? Come share your ideas with us! The Engineering Efficiency team is looking for a manager to help drive the vision for our foundational development tooling. Aspects include CI/CD, test tooling, test labs and related infrastructure, and final delivery of assets. As a member of the leadership team you will work with other technical leaders to set the future product and technical direction for our stack which drives the way we build and ship the full AI/ML software stack. This role situates you to understand the entire technology stack for iOS, macOS, tvOS, watchOS, with a particular emphasis on AI/ML. You will change everything from the way we develop and test through to the delivery of the software to end users. In this role, you will have the opportunity to make a big impact on both internal Apple engineers and the billions of users who use our products.
- 5-10 years of engineering experience in roles related to aspects of software delivery systems and mechanisms
- Deep passion for building end-to-end processes and services that bring efficiency and quality to software teams
- 5+ years in a technical leadership role leading teams of 20+ engineers
- Broad knowledge of computer science and systems; ability to quickly learn new domains
- Familiarity with full-stack software development
- Enthusiastically initiates, develops, and maintains effective working relationships
- Excellent analytical, comprehension, communication, writing, and consultative skills, Innovative in proposing solutions
- Ability to drive cultural change around craftsmanship and code hygiene
- Experience managing the product roadmap and vision for a developer experience
- Understanding of cloud-based infrastructure and platform services
Apple is hiring a Technical Leader for our Engineering Efficiency team. We're looking to drive a revolutionary change in the way we prototype, build, test and deliver our AI/ML platform to our users. You'll be working as part of a team to define the future product roadmap and technical vision for the full software development lifecycle. Our goals are broad, and we're looking for candidates with experience, aptitude and passion in many different disciplines related to software development and delivery. The ideal candidate will be highly customer oriented: We expect our leaders to learn from our customers and combine that learning with their own expertise to tailor solutions to our unique challenges. Leaders should be highly adaptable, able to pivot as the priorities and goals of the organization evolve, and be willing to speak up to challenge the status quo. If you are excited about the processes and tooling for developing and delivering software, from engineer to user, please talk to us!
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a related field or equivalent work experience is required.
Back to top