AI/ML - Technical Lead, Engineering Efficiency
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Aug 18, 2020
Role Number: 200180907
Imagine your future at Apple: You are empowered to bring your ideas to life to build extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences. Your passion and dedication will propel you to great achievements at the company, where innovation and problem solving is rewarded handsomely. Join the AI/ML team to create the next generation tooling platform that unlocks new ways of developing, testing and releasing software. What could you do if you combined the power of AI, ML and the best developer tooling on the planet? Come share your ideas with us! The Engineering Efficiency team is looking for an experienced technical leader to help drive the vision for our internal development tooling. As a member of the team you will work with other technical leaders to set the future product and technical direction for our stack which drives productivity across Siri and the larger Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML) team. This role situates you to understand the entire technology stack for iOS, macOS, tvOS, watchOS, with a particular emphasis on AI/ML. You will change the way developers work, making it more efficient, higher quality, and ultimately better for the billions of people who use Apple software. You will be part of a global team playing a part in ensuring the quality and delivery of groundbreaking technology for large scale systems, natural language, big data, and artificial intelligence to end users. You will be interacting with various teams of cross functional engineering and project management to help identify issues and design systems to ensure frictionless delivery of features to users. Work with the people who created the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done - just by asking.
- 5-10 years of engineering experience in roles similar to Developer Productivity, CI, etc.
- 3+ years in a technical leadership role leading teams of 20+ engineers
- Broad knowledge of computer science and systems; ability to quickly learn new domains
- Familiarity with full-stack software development
- Enthusiastically initiates, develops, and maintains effective working relationships
- Excellent analytical, comprehension, communication, writing, and consultative skills, Innovative in proposing solutions
- * Knowledge of cloud-based infrastructure and platform services
- * Ability to drive cultural change around craftsmanship and code hygiene
- * Experience managing the product roadmap and vision for a developer experience
- * Broad knowledge of computer science and systems; ability to quickly learn new domains
Apple is hiring a Technical Leader for our Engineering Efficiency team. We're looking to drive a generational change in the way we do CI/CD and create a step function improvement in the developer experience within AI/ML. You'll be working as part of a team to define the future product roadmap and technical vision for the developer experience. Listen to our customers to deeply understand their needs, and drive discussions within our team and across Apple to create an experience that surprises and delights. AI/ML has a unique development skillset that needs us to reduce the complexity and drive a solution that works across Machine Learning, Client and Server development.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a related field or equivalent work experience is required.
Back to top