Posted: Jan 4, 2023
The Siri Runtime Platform team is looking for an exceptional engineering manager to help build next generation of Siri platform on Apple devices. As Apple continues to ship more devices, providing a consistent and cohesive Siri experience becomes very critical for our users. This is a rare and unique opportunity to define the strategy and roadmap for Siri platform to enable customer facing experiences from the ground up. These experiences will help power Siri and drive innovative experiences to our upcoming products!
- 8+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years managing engineering teams that design complex software engineering projects
- Demonstrable experience leading cross functional projects which have had tangible impact to the direction of the org
- Advanced programming skills in Java, C++, Objective C or Swift
- Strong examples of driving product feature end-end and shipping them to customers
- Excellent problem solving/critical thinking skills
- Strong computer science fundamentals including familiarity with basic algorithms
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science and Engineering
A hire for this role will inherit a team of ~ 6 engineers, help define its charter and drive the strategy and roadmap for supporting customer experiences with Siri. They will also define the frameworks and tooling used by 1p (& eventually 3P) devs for enabling customer experiences. On a daily basis, they will be working closely with many partner teams who will be involved in defining customer experiences in multiple devices and architectural synchronization across Siri.
Education & Experience
- Nice to have:
- Mobile software development experience is a huge plus!
- Experience in machine learning and natural language & understanding Experience with machine learning workflows
- Experience working on conversational systems
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Pay & Benefits
- At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $179,000 and $309,500, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple's discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple's Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You'll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses - including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Learn more about Apple Benefits.
Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program.